Welcome To:

Joe's Daily Blog Offering Expert Commentary and Predictions for the NFL

You're Visitor Number:



Thursday, September 11, 2008

11) Week 2 Picks


Ok gang you asked for it, here it comes! Week 2 picks!!

Bears at Panthers - I just can't see Kyle Orton becoming a star in this league, but the Bears are so good on defense, when healthy they made Rex Grossman look good. Bears are the underdog here. I would take the Panthers minus three.
If I was betting money I would stay away from this game.

Bills at Jacksonville- Jack Del Rio and the Jags have the 'injury curse' this year. Sorry Jack, it happens to the best of teams, it just happens to be your year. Buffalo is the underdog in this game and they get 5.5 points to boot. Take the Bills, this game is a lock.

Colts at Vikings- Here's the deal with this game, the Bears had a rookie Running Back run roughshod all over the Colts Defense. Now the Colts lose their starting DT. This could be a trap, but I don't sense it. Take the Colts -2 and be happy about it.

Dolphins at Arizona - They're giving Miami a 6.5 point spread. Frank Gore got 96 off the Arizona Defense on the ground. Mark my words, if Ronnie gets twenty touches the Dolphins win. I've come to the realization that a lot of people pray for Brett Favre, thats why he throws up these miraculous passes. Not too many people pray for Warner. Take Miami and the points.

Giants at Rams -Yikes, do I have to explain? For some reason I feel that this is a trap game. The Giants will win, but I don't think they will cover. Rams are getting 8.5 points. They will be at home and that word pride keeps jumping out at me. Giants are Super Bowl champs they just won their home opener...yeah, it reeks trap, stay away guys.

Jets at Patriots- Hey Brett, this is the defense you would have faced if you would have gone to the Super Bowl. Now this team is faced with adversity. This is a statement game for the Pats as well as every game after this one. To make it even worse for the Jets, they are favored by one. Hey, the oddsmakers aren't that stupid. Take the Pats and that lucky one point. This game is a lock.

Packers at Lions- The Lions have bad juju surrounding their team and I don't know why. Nobody does. Maybe when Parcells is done in Miami, he should fix this team. Take the Packers -3.

Raiders at Chiefs -Raiders are the underdogs here, but they will show some heart in this game. From here on through the rest of the season, Jamarcus will get better. This would be Yoda's second favorite team because Jamarcus is like a young Jedi Knight. He just hasn't found the force yet but when he does, look out. Take the Chiefs and the -3.5 points, this one is a lock as well.

Ravens at Houston- If Yoda was for real, the Baltimore Ravens would be his favorite team. This will be a tough, low scoring affair. If Mario Williams is Darth Vader than Cam Cameron is Obi Wan and Flacco is C-3PO. He's not quite Luke Skywalker yet. Take the Ravens and the points.

San Diego at Denver- The Chargers are favored by 1.5 at Invesco. I don't think so. The Chargers are a good team, a real good team, and once upon a time they had the best coaching staff throughout the land. They were playing this thing called Marty Ball, and he knew how to motivate his team before a game, which is a huge factor. Nothing against Norv Turner, but he looks more like a History Teacher then an inspiring coach. I mean last year, the Chargers were lucky because they had veterans who kept this team together. They took it upon themselves to figure it out. They were smart enough to know that Coach Turner was just decoration, plus they still had a little Marty left in them. Now this is a new year and Marty has faded, and losing Merriman isn't gonna help either. Take the Broncos, but Im not calling this a lock.

Steelers at Cleveland - Poor Browns, they're probably playing the team that will represent AFC in the Super Bowl this year and they just got done playing the Cowboys--the team that will probably represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. Hey Derrick Anderson, I feel a concussion coming on. I can't blame you. Take the Steelers and the -6 points, this is another lock.

Titans at Bengals- With all the drama going on involving Vince Young, it could be a distraction for this team's play this weekend. I like the Bengals at home -1. Why? Because the Bengals will be in the jungle, that's why.

Hey Kids, I'm tired. I'll give you the last four games tomorrow afternoon sometime (Pacific time) I promise. Plus, I'm still researching the Monday Night game. If you have any comments about my picks let me know, it helps me. It doesn't mean I will change them, but suggestions help.

No comments: