Welcome To:

Joe's Daily Blog Offering Expert Commentary and Predictions for the NFL

You're Visitor Number:



Monday, September 8, 2008

9) The Plot Thickens


Ok, football fans, my Monday night match ups came through like I thought they would!

My record is: 11 games were covered-7 were not. On Wednesday, I'll give you a run-down on week two, but I have to comment on the New England Patriots because of Tom Brady's unfortunate, season destroying injury.

The Patriots will win the AFC East, They're just going to have to fight it out with the Bills. I hate to see someone like Tom go down, but now we're going to see the Patriots in a whole new light. This was a team that went undefeated during the season. Yeah,Yeah I know what you're thinking, "But Dolfan Corona, you said Quarterbacks win football games." This is true and I stand by what I said, but the situation here is a little different.

Welker, Moss, Watson, Gafney, Faulk out of the backfield a decent running game. Matt Cassel now has the keys to the Porsche. I'm sure Matt will drive carefully.

Damn that Brett Favre, I mean c'mon 4th and 13! Bret must have read my previous article about the MasterCard commercial.

One final note, although everybody's picking the Cowboys to win it all, they are not going to. Like I said, the season is not a sprint. It's a marathon. The Colts looked sluggish against the Bears and the Chargers lost to a good team.. Both teams will rebound and win their divisions.

If Ocho Cinco didn't like last season, he's going to go nuts this season. How ironic is it that Matt Cassel backed up Carson Palmer and Matt Lienart at USC, and now Carson is taking his lumps in Cincy and Matt is backing up Warner in Arizona? It's Cassel who will probably end up in the Super Bowl.

It's the NFL and the Karma's for real.


No comments: