Welcome To:

Joe's Daily Blog Offering Expert Commentary and Predictions for the NFL

You're Visitor Number:



Wednesday, September 3, 2008

3) Ok, I Did My Research For the Monday Night Games...

...and I can tell you that it was pretty easy to decipher whose gonna win.

First, let's start with the Broncos vs Raiders. It's obvious that the Raiders offense is not quite in sync yet and that's gonna cause some problems. Shanahan is a savvy coach who has been around awhile. This is gonna be a reckless game in the air. Both quarterbacks, I believe, are gonna let it fly in this game.but to make a long story short,. the Broncos will cover the spread easily. The second game between the Packers and the Vikings will be a little closer but the bottom line is the Pack have the best home field advantage in football. It also helps to have Al Harris and Charles Woodson at the corners. Packers will cover.

Today, I'm gonna talk about the Patriots. They missed it by ~that ~much. That saying (from the movie Get Smart) reminds me of the Patriots last season. That's the only jab I'm giving this team on my blog. I run a clean show. They are on a mission this year and they very well might achieve it. They have one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL to start with but there are some hole-or should I say leak-in the offensive line. Randy Moss will be electric again but not superhuman like last year. Picking up Lamont Jordan might be a genius move. When his back is healthy he can shred with the best of them. Welker 'the slot machine' will be reeking havoc. So will Maroney. Is it any wonder they lit up the league last year?

Let's talk about the defense now, it'll make me feel better. Losing Asante Samuel is gonna hurt this team. Period. This defense isn't getting any younger but they really don't have to with that deadly offense. Harrison is getting older...and they just pick up John Lynch then turn around and release him?

The secondary is vulnerable, make no mistake, but honestly that's about it. I do like the linebacker corp. Mike Vrabel is a gamer, straight up. He's been around the league awhile, but I feel age is not gonna be a factor with this cat. His 'lunch pail' mentality will keep the Patriots' defense stubborn, along with Bruschi and Richard Seymour (if healthy).

Patriots will win the AFC East and go 12-4. Yes, they will lose some games this year, but like the saying goes," What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." Nothing killed the Patriots last year except the last game of the season. Sorry Pats fans, I had to throw that one in there.

Peace In The Middle East

Dolfan Corona

No comments: