Welcome To:

Joe's Daily Blog Offering Expert Commentary and Predictions for the NFL

You're Visitor Number:



Monday, September 8, 2008

8) Week 1 of the NFL Showdown


Well gang, the first week is almost in the books and I'm embarrassed to say I called seven right and seven wrong. That's 50-- percent which is unacceptable.

Hey, I don't make excuses. I will say I never saw the Charger game coming! The other miscalculations were due to poor research. I promise you this won't happen again. I'm usually steady at 80 percent.

I still have the Monday night games so I could possibly hit above 50 percent. I can tell you right now though that the Buffalo Bills and the Philadelphia Eagles are on a mission this year. Keep an eye on them, they're better than people think. Those opportunistic Bears...sooner or later the offense will have to step up for the defense.

I thought the 49ers would rock Arizona and the Dolphins would do the same to the Jets. How lucky can you be on 4th and 13...ah forget about it.

One strength for the Dolphins is that they have a legitimate all Pro tight end in Fassano . The bad thing is that's the only receiving threat they have..

I'm tired. I will dissect the games further and give you some more info tomorrow. Please comment so I can gain some insight from you guys out there . I can learn from you as well.

Peace (in the Middle East)
Dolfan




3 comments:

b-rad said...

yah this wasnt a good week. im following your picks so do some more research on the teams. im also a miami dolphins fan. what a heartbreaker. but anyways only missing 2 or 3 would be great for me, so if you do it next week i will tell all my friends about your site.
thanx

Anonymous said...

Hey b-rad,
Thanks for the comment. First of all, I'm gonna give out my picks when the odds come out, probably Wednesday or Thursday. Second, you're right man, it's all about the research. Since you're a Dolfan, let me tell you what really ticked me off the most. It was in the first quarter and Pennington threw a pass at Ginn. It was a damn crossing pattern. Teddy Bear Ginn either didn't follow the route right or he was afraid to cut into the traffic. I saw the play. If he turns in, he catches it, but he also gets smacked in the process. My intuition says he was afraid. I know Sparano is showing it to him on film. I could be wrong and I hope I am, but I doubt it. He's never been a route runner. Never has and probably never will. Don't get me wrong, he's not a bust yet but he should return kicks as well as punts. That's all hes good at. oh yeah, an occasional streak down the side lines. The good DB's are gonna find out hes gun shy and just play back on him, he's no good in an umbrella zone coverage. The Jets proved that. I don't trust him to start at Receiver. Your thoughts? I'll get my picks out soon...just don't quit your day job!

Dolfan Corona

b-rad said...

alright cool. the dolphins are never on tv except when they play the raiders or 49ers but it was on last week so that was good for me. yah im in really hard football picks with a bunch of people that know what there doin. ill let you know if i win.