Welcome To:

Joe's Daily Blog Offering Expert Commentary and Predictions for the NFL

You're Visitor Number:



Wednesday, September 10, 2008

10) Redskins & Raiders


What's up gang?

I just finished looking at the Yahoo Sports line for this week's games. I'm really going to have to go to work tomorrow so I can give you some quality locks this weekend.


I was reading up on the Redskins tonight, it's going be a long year for Campbell and I don't see an upside in the future. Jim Zorn is way over his head with this club and if he doesn't get a handle on this team early in the season, he'll lose this team's respect.

There's one ACE card that Jim can pull if he's got the guts, but I doubt he'll do it. I'm going to give you some insider info that'll blow your mind.

You see, the Redskins got lucky in the Draft. They drafted the next great quarterback since the Manning Bros., possibly better. Yup, Colt Brennan. He shows flashes of greatness already. I have a strong hunch about this kid. If Campbell falters three weeks into the season, Zorn needs to bypass Todd Collins and go with Brennan.

The Raiders are another story. They have the parts, they just can't piece them together. The coaching staff and administration need to change next year. Yeah, I know they're not the ones out there playing, but somebody signed Javon walker.

Look at the trifecta over in Miami. The Fin children almost pulled it out and they were dominated pretty well throughout the game, just as the Raiders practically were. So why did the Dolphins almost pull it out while the Raiders got lit up? The answer is simple--fear. The coaches for one team will say to a player, "Do that again and you're gone." The other coaches will add," This is what you did wrong, don't do it in the next game."

All I've got to say is Eddie Royal 'b*tch slapped' the Raiders secondary on Monday night. Ok, Cutlers rollouts did help but come on...you know what? I'm speechless. This is a young talented team. They've got to stop embracing losing. Once upon a time, the Raiders were crazed lunatics who would play dirty--beat their opponent up and down the field, and if the other team won, they were feelin' it the next day. Now, it's just a football game.

I never liked the Raiders, but I grew up watching a lot of their games Why? Because they were extremely fun to watch.

Monday, I couldn't even finish the game.

No comments: